Increasingly, large corporate Internet Service Providers are selling their customers’ sensitive private information to advertisers and other third parties, violating customer privacy in pursuit of profits.
Internet Providers Look to Cash In on Your Web Habits – The Wall Street Journal, 06/27/2019
JackRabbit Wireless fundamentally opposes these violations of privacy. We do not and will not sell your private information to third parties. No other local ISP in El Paso, nor the two leading corporate ISPs in town, make this same commitment. JackRabbit Wireless provides the most comprehensive privacy protections of any ISP in El Paso.
JackRabbit Wireless is committed to the principle of Net Neutrality and providing an unbiased Internet experience to all of our subscribers.
This Statement of Privacy applies to the JackRabbit Wireless Internet service. JackRabbit Wireless is opposed to sharing customer information and internet usage with third-party companies such as advertisers, network monitoring companies, SEO companies, etc.
- Data we do collect
- We collect and retain user account information (such as name, address, email address, phone, etc) for internal service, support, and billing. For networking and support issues we also log other information (such as mac address, DHCP lease information). All of this information is considered private and is not shared with third parties other than as listed in other sections of this policy.
- Static IPs
- If a business or residential customer receives static IP address(es), some of their personal information may be visible in reverse DNS records and ‘whois’ records. During the allocation of a static IP, information is transmitted to ARIN per their IP Reassignment Policy.
- Financial information
- All on-line payment processing is done by a third party and JackRabbit Wireless does not retain any financial information on our servers.
- Browsing Data
- JackRabbit Wireless does not perform Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), and believes all users on our network are entitled to a private interaction with the Internet. We do not retain logs of websites visited. We do not and will not sell your browsing data to third parties.
- Governmental requests
- Requests for user information will only be surrendered as legally required (e.g. a subpoena). Furthermore, all such requests will be reviewed by our counsel to validate relevance and validity.