Table of Contents
Network Management Practices
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC does not block or otherwise prevent end user access to lawful content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices.
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC does not arbitrarily throttle or otherwise degrade end user access to lawful content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices.
- Affiliated Prioritization
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC does not participate in Affiliated Prioritization.
- Paid Prioritization
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC does not participate in Paid Prioritization.
- Congestion Management
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC uses a Smart Queue Management (SQM) platform with the Active Queue Management (AQM) technique CAKE. By leveraging SQM – end-user latency and responsiveness for daily tasks improves tremendously. SQM substantially reduces bufferbloat across the network fabric, ensuring fair and equitable allocation of bandwidth and resources to all customers. Customer traffic is passed through a Hierarchical Token Bucket leaf class specific to that customer. Each customer’s HTB leaf has a CAKE qdisc, and is nested within a hierarchical HTB structure reflecting the overall network topology. Customer bandwidth is provided up to the customer plan’s advertised “up to” bandwidth rate. Congestion state is determined by utilization of any network node beyond 95% of its maximum capacity. If a network node’s maximum bandwidth has been reached, the HTB will dynamically duck the bandwidth ceiling of any child/leaf HTB classes carrying customer traffic until congestion has passed. This ensures that when network congestion occurs, users experience fair and equitable allocation of bandwidth until congestion has ended. This reduces latency and improves responsiveness during periods of congestion, ensuring fair and equitable customer access to latency-sensitive real-time applications. Aggregate customer data usage statistics (gigabytes / GB) are not used in determining congestion state.
- Application-Specific Behavior
- Inbound, unsolicited access to ports is blocked by default. Customers may request exceptions to this filtering.
- Device Attachment Rules
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC provides a managed router to all customers at no additional monthly cost. JackRabbit Wireless LLC does not restrict attachment of devices to the provided managed router, whether by WiFi or Ethernet connection. However, customers may not connect any routers or switches to the JackRabbit Wireless LLC demarcation point / service handoff without explicit communicated permission by an employee of JackRabbit Wireless LLC. Customers intending to use a self-procured, un-managed router must ask before or during the service installation.
- Industry standard practices are used to ensure network security. Customer must assume responsibility for home network security and device security.
- Service Description
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC provides Fixed Wireless and Fiber-optic broadband service. Our Fixed Wireless service is provided using a combination of Point-to-point and point-to-multi-point radio systems. Customers can reasonably expect their corresponding service plan’s “up to” bandwidth to be available for the vast majority of service up-time. Round trip time latency (RTT) from the customer premises to the network edge of JackRabbit Wireless averages 21 milliseconds. RTT from the customer premises to servers located in Dallas (the location of upstream IX) averages 35ms for most customers. Broadband services from JackRabbit Wireless LLC are suitable for real-time applications.
- Impact of Non-Broadband Internet Access Service Data Services
- Not applicable.
- Internet access fee varies by client, and according to which of our color-coded service areas the customer resides in. No usage based fees apply. Early termination requires payment of the remainder of any contract term. Customers on a month-to-month term are not subject to early termination fees.
- Privacy Policies
- Available on this page.
- Redress options
- Customers may contact the JackRabbit Wireless LLC staff by phone at (915) 209-1698, by email at email@example.com, or using the customer portal located at JackRabbitWireless.com. Complaints must be communicated using one of the methods listed above.
Increasingly, large corporate Internet Service Providers are selling their customers’ sensitive private information to advertisers and other third parties, violating customer privacy in pursuit of profits.
Internet Providers Look to Cash In on Your Web Habits – The Wall Street Journal, 06/27/2019
JackRabbit Wireless fundamentally opposes these violations of privacy. We do not and will not sell your private information to third parties. No other local ISP in El Paso, nor the two leading corporate ISPs in town, make this same commitment. JackRabbit Wireless provides the most comprehensive privacy protections of any ISP in El Paso.
JackRabbit Wireless is committed to the principle of Net Neutrality and providing an unbiased Internet experience to all of our subscribers.
This Statement of Privacy applies to the broadband internet service provided by JackRabbit Wireless LLC. JackRabbit Wireless LLC is opposed to sharing customer information and internet usage with third-party companies such as advertisers, network monitoring companies, SEO companies, etc.
- Data we do collect
- We collect and retain user account information (such as name, address, email address, phone, etc) for internal service, support, and billing. For networking and support issues we also log other information (such as mac address, DHCP lease information). All of this information is considered private and is not shared with third parties other than as listed in other sections of this policy.
- Static IPs
- If a business or residential customer receives static IP address(es), some of their personal information may be visible in reverse DNS records and ‘whois’ records. During the allocation of a static IP, information is transmitted to ARIN per their IP Reassignment Policy.
- Financial information
- All on-line payment processing is done by a third party and JackRabbit Wireless does not retain any financial information on our servers.
- Browsing Data
- JackRabbit Wireless LLC does not perform Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), and believes all users on our network are entitled to a private interaction with the Internet. We do not retain logs of websites visited. We do not and will not sell your browsing data to third parties.
- Governmental requests
- Requests for user information will only be surrendered as legally required (e.g. a subpoena). Furthermore, all such requests will be reviewed by our counsel to validate relevance and validity.